Evoque is proud to have a cutting edge data center in the Chicago metropolitan area to serve customers within Illinois and throughout the greater midwest and beyond..
What makes data centers in Chicago stable and why are they so effective? We answer these questions and cover everything you need to know about what makes a midwest data center unique.
What Makes Chicago Data Centers Unique?
There are several reasons behind the success of data centers in Chicago.
Location can be a critical factor in determining a good data center. One benefit Chicago data centers have is their exact location. With the O’Hare International airport within 20 miles from each unique data center Chicago offers, like Evoque’s, which is situated in the Illinois Technology and Research Corridor, they are conveniently located for frequent flyers and native Chicagoans.
2. Stats and Specifications
Some important stats and specifications that fuel the success of Chicago data centers are:
- Chicago, the “Second City” was named the second hottest data center market in the world last year. A Cushman & Wakefield commissioned report analyzed 48 global data center markets and put Chicago in, the top ten for many reasons including, “development pipeline, fiber connectivity, cloud availability, land price, vacancy and market size.”
- In 2019, Illinois passed a tax incentive designed to lure more enterprise data centers to the state. Data centers must exceed $250 million in investments.
- In 2020, roughly 73% of Chicago’s market demand came from hyperscalers.
3. Seismic Zone 1
One of the biggest advantages each midwest data center has is the lack of natural disasters, making their locations safer and more convenient for clients compared to more coastal regions. Hurricanes and earthquakes specifically are extremely rare.
Since Chicago resides within a low seismic zone — zone one, to be exact — the risk of earthquakes is reduced by a significant amount. In fact, Seth Stein, an earth and planetary sciences professor at Northwestern College, states, “The ground is not storing up any of the energy that will be released in a future earthquake,...That implies that there’s no good reason to believe there’s a big earthquake coming anytime soon.”
4. Connectivity, Security, Power, and Cooling
World-class fiber infrastructure, dependable electricity, and renewable energy are often present in data centers within Chicago.
Evoque’s Chicago Data Center in particular offers:
- 99.999% of SLA of power, network, and bandwidth.
- 24/7 onsite staffing.
- 24/7 closed circuit monitoring.
For midwest data centers, including each data center Chicago has, having the right certifications to ensure your data storage is handled by professionals is critical.
Our data center in Chicago has been through comprehensive vetting to make sure we have the compliance necessary to help your business thrive on day one:
- SOC 1 Type II.
- SOC 2 Type II.
- SOC 3.
- ISAE 3402.
With these certifications, we’re proud to claim that we thoroughly meet or exceed environmental and management standards so we can manage data correctly and safely while cultivating trust with our clients.
The area of Chicago, IL offers many benefits for those looking to anchor their data center in a convenient and stable location.
Our carrier-neutral, cloud-enabled data center is suited for the modern age and has delivered 100% uptime for our enterprise customers.
Learn more about our Chicago data center today.